Kerala to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr on Tuesday
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kazis in Kerala have declared that Monday would be the 30th day of Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated Tuesday as the moon was not sighted Sunday after Iftar.
Muslims in Kerala account for around 24 percent of the 33 million population.
Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated both in Oman and Kerala Tuesday.
Kazis like Panakad Syed Hyderali Shihab Thangal and Palayam Imam Yousuf Muhammed Nadvi, besides others, decided late Sunday that since the moon was not seen, Eid will fall on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, arrangements are in full swing across the state as Eidgahs are being set up at big playgrounds, halls and open places.
As the weather office has forecast rainfall, many have decided to put up Eidgahs in halls for Tuesday morning prayers.
All state government offices will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune