Kerala to expand e-governance: Minister
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government plans to extend e-goverance in all departments and state-run-agencies to make the administration more transparent and corruption free, Kerala Minister for Law M Vijayakumar said here on Thursday.
"The role of IT and e-governance in the administration affairs has increased many folds. To yield a better result, it will be implemened in all departmetns in a time bound," he
said here inaugurating the e-Governance Award ceremony 2010 organised by Kerala State IT Mission and Institute of Management in Government (IMJ).
He said Kerala had launched various IT initiatives including the IT Park, for the first time in the country. But, it failed to follow the pace of other states in various aspects of information technology.
The state was growing fast and the achievements of various departments in e-governance was a sign for that, minister said.
Vijayakumar also distributed awards in various categories including M-Governance, e-learning, e-payment services, citizen services and websites.
While, Kozhikode district collectorate bagged the top award in the category of `M-Governance` for their innovative citizen service `Swamibhan`, the General Education Department got the recognition in the `Local Language content` category for their Malayalam Wiki project of IT@School.
Commercial Taxes Department, Kerala Public Service Commission and the Kerala Tourism Development Corporation also bagged awards in the categories of E-payment services, Citizen`s Services and Websites respectively.
State Chief Secretary P Prabhakaran, former Ambassador TP Srinivasan, Online India Tech Pvt Ltd managing director Anand Parthasarathy, IMJ director TK Manoj Kumar were also participated.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for top Islamist
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics