Kerala to expand e-governance: Minister
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government plans to extend e-goverance in all departments and state-run-agencies to make the administration more transparent and corruption free, Kerala Minister for Law M Vijayakumar said here on Thursday.
"The role of IT and e-governance in the administration affairs has increased many folds. To yield a better result, it will be implemened in all departmetns in a time bound," he
said here inaugurating the e-Governance Award ceremony 2010 organised by Kerala State IT Mission and Institute of Management in Government (IMJ).
He said Kerala had launched various IT initiatives including the IT Park, for the first time in the country. But, it failed to follow the pace of other states in various aspects of information technology.
The state was growing fast and the achievements of various departments in e-governance was a sign for that, minister said.
Vijayakumar also distributed awards in various categories including M-Governance, e-learning, e-payment services, citizen services and websites.
While, Kozhikode district collectorate bagged the top award in the category of `M-Governance` for their innovative citizen service `Swamibhan`, the General Education Department got the recognition in the `Local Language content` category for their Malayalam Wiki project of IT@School.
Commercial Taxes Department, Kerala Public Service Commission and the Kerala Tourism Development Corporation also bagged awards in the categories of E-payment services, Citizen`s Services and Websites respectively.
State Chief Secretary P Prabhakaran, former Ambassador TP Srinivasan, Online India Tech Pvt Ltd managing director Anand Parthasarathy, IMJ director TK Manoj Kumar were also participated.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today