Kerala to expand e-governance: Minister
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government plans to extend e-goverance in all departments and state-run-agencies to make the administration more transparent and corruption free, Kerala Minister for Law M Vijayakumar said here on Thursday.
"The role of IT and e-governance in the administration affairs has increased many folds. To yield a better result, it will be implemened in all departmetns in a time bound," he
said here inaugurating the e-Governance Award ceremony 2010 organised by Kerala State IT Mission and Institute of Management in Government (IMJ).
He said Kerala had launched various IT initiatives including the IT Park, for the first time in the country. But, it failed to follow the pace of other states in various aspects of information technology.
The state was growing fast and the achievements of various departments in e-governance was a sign for that, minister said.
Vijayakumar also distributed awards in various categories including M-Governance, e-learning, e-payment services, citizen services and websites.
While, Kozhikode district collectorate bagged the top award in the category of `M-Governance` for their innovative citizen service `Swamibhan`, the General Education Department got the recognition in the `Local Language content` category for their Malayalam Wiki project of IT@School.
Commercial Taxes Department, Kerala Public Service Commission and the Kerala Tourism Development Corporation also bagged awards in the categories of E-payment services, Citizen`s Services and Websites respectively.
State Chief Secretary P Prabhakaran, former Ambassador TP Srinivasan, Online India Tech Pvt Ltd managing director Anand Parthasarathy, IMJ director TK Manoj Kumar were also participated.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi