Kerala to organise intl summit to attract investments
New Delhi: Kerala will organise an international summit in September this year to showcase investment opportunities in the state.
"We expect many business leaders and foreign dignitaries to participate in the event," Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told an Assocham function here last evening.
Being in the proximity to the international air and sea routes, the state is the ideal ground to realise the business plans for global investors, he added.
The potential sectors for investment include IT and IT enabled services, knowledge and education, tourism, infrastructure, healthcare, food and agro-processing, he said.
The three-day summit titled `Emerging Kerala 2012`, would showcase the enabling environment for investments in the state, Chandy said adding it was expected to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"We have adopted a pro-active approach towards industry and enterprises. A set of new investor-friendly policies in industries IT, SEZ, labour, tourism and health care have been introduced to make the state a more attractive destination for sustained growth," Chandy said.
Kerala, which has a high literacy rate, also offers well-trained manpower for different kinds of jobs, the Chief Minister said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog