Kerala to set up advisory panel to address NRK`s issues
Kochi: Aiming at finding solutions to various issues faced by non-resident Keralites, a Global Advisory Committee will be formed soon in the state, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Wednesday said.
In his address at the Plenary session of the 3-day Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, the CM said issues including providing financial aid for facilitating the return of those arrested for illegal stay in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries, legal aid, and voting rights for NRKs in the panchayat and local body polls would also be taken up by the committee.
Chandy said in case the state`s ambitious Air Kerala project failed to receive the Centre`s nod, the government would seek a share in the Air India Express.
In his address, Union Minister for Consumer Affairs K V Thomas said Kerala had changed and it was an investment friendly state now. "This is the message that the state wants to send to the world outside."
Trade unionism was no longer a problem in the state, he said adding Kerala had the lowest figure in India for working days loss due to labour strikes.
Minister of state for Labour and Employment, Kodikunnil Suresh, said the country needed to move up from investing one per cent of GDP in the R&D sector to two per cent and more.
This should be achieved not only through an additional government effort, but also a much increased private sector effort.
The private players have also a major role in research and developemnt for new technologies and innvoations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now