Kerala to set up advisory panel to address NRK`s issues
Kochi: Aiming at finding solutions to various issues faced by non-resident Keralites, a Global Advisory Committee will be formed soon in the state, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Wednesday said.
In his address at the Plenary session of the 3-day Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, the CM said issues including providing financial aid for facilitating the return of those arrested for illegal stay in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries, legal aid, and voting rights for NRKs in the panchayat and local body polls would also be taken up by the committee.
Chandy said in case the state`s ambitious Air Kerala project failed to receive the Centre`s nod, the government would seek a share in the Air India Express.
In his address, Union Minister for Consumer Affairs K V Thomas said Kerala had changed and it was an investment friendly state now. "This is the message that the state wants to send to the world outside."
Trade unionism was no longer a problem in the state, he said adding Kerala had the lowest figure in India for working days loss due to labour strikes.
Minister of state for Labour and Employment, Kodikunnil Suresh, said the country needed to move up from investing one per cent of GDP in the R&D sector to two per cent and more.
This should be achieved not only through an additional government effort, but also a much increased private sector effort.
The private players have also a major role in research and developemnt for new technologies and innvoations.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read