Kerala to set up IT hardware innovation zones: Minister
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government plans to set up IT innovation zones in the state where emphasis would be given on hardware, Industries and IT minister P.K. Kunhalikutty said on Monday.
"The state government is now working on setting up innovation zones in the state and here the emphasis would be given to the hardware industry because this is a sector where the country is relying heavily on imports. Innumerable jobs will be created for technical professionals in this segment," the minister told reporters here.
"Innumerable jobs will be created for technical professionals in this segment," he said.
The 285 IT companies in the state employ 40,521 employees in locations such as Kochi, Kozhikode and Thiruvananthapuram. "Now we have decided to give the nod for small IT parks which will now come up in the private sector," he added.
The IT industry in Kerala has clocked a turnover over $1 billion.
The biggest achievement in recent times that Kerala IT can take pride is the hugely successful model of the Kochi-based Start-up Village the first PPP model incubator in the country where around 100 new applications every month for setting up a unit are being received.
"We have been the facilitator to this project and this would continue," said Kunhalikutty.
He also said that Infosys, TCS and a few others are all going to expand at various locations in the state.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city