Kerala to strengthen e-governance
Thiruvananthapuram: Strengthening e-governance, bringing in a Right to Hearing and Kerala infrastructure bills are some of the programmes included in `Mission 676` of three-year old Congress-led UDF government to be implemented in the coming days.
The government has streamlined a set of projects to be implemented during its remaining 676 days in office. All the projects taken up will be completed on a time bound manner," Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told a press conference here today.
To a question, he said government has not given up the Air Kerala project. The state has approached the Centre for relaxing conditions such as five years experience in operating in domestic circuit and requirement of 20 aircraft for starting air services, Chandy said.
The service planned on the Gulf sector would help low income migrants from Kerala working in those regions, he added.
The CM said one of the focus area would be to strengthen e-governance programme. The objective was to introduce more services through on-line, he said.
Presently 38 government services are available on-line and the plan was make available 130 services in the next four months and increase it to 400 by the end of this fiscal, Chandy said.
A legislation on Right to Hearing, similar to the one that exists in Rajasthan would be brought forward. This would empower people the right for hearing, he said.
Another one was an Infrastructure legislation for speedy implementation and overcoming hurdles in carrying out projects he said.
Kochi Metro, SmartCity IT park at Kochi, Vizhijanman port development, Kannur Airport, development of National Highways were some of the works taken up under Nine `Navarathana projects`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department