Kerala to strengthen e-governance
Thiruvananthapuram: Strengthening e-governance, bringing in a Right to Hearing and Kerala infrastructure bills are some of the programmes included in `Mission 676` of three-year old Congress-led UDF government to be implemented in the coming days.
The government has streamlined a set of projects to be implemented during its remaining 676 days in office. All the projects taken up will be completed on a time bound manner," Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told a press conference here today.
To a question, he said government has not given up the Air Kerala project. The state has approached the Centre for relaxing conditions such as five years experience in operating in domestic circuit and requirement of 20 aircraft for starting air services, Chandy said.
The service planned on the Gulf sector would help low income migrants from Kerala working in those regions, he added.
The CM said one of the focus area would be to strengthen e-governance programme. The objective was to introduce more services through on-line, he said.
Presently 38 government services are available on-line and the plan was make available 130 services in the next four months and increase it to 400 by the end of this fiscal, Chandy said.
A legislation on Right to Hearing, similar to the one that exists in Rajasthan would be brought forward. This would empower people the right for hearing, he said.
Another one was an Infrastructure legislation for speedy implementation and overcoming hurdles in carrying out projects he said.
Kochi Metro, SmartCity IT park at Kochi, Vizhijanman port development, Kannur Airport, development of National Highways were some of the works taken up under Nine `Navarathana projects`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?