Kerala to take services of `Metro Man` Sreedharan
Thiruvananthapuram: After roping in eminent
technocrat Sam Pitroda as Kerala`s `development mentor`, the
Congress-led UDF government now plans to utilise the services
of E Sreedharan for the ambitious Kochi Metro Rail Project.
Sreedharan, already a member of the state Planning Board,
is expected to play a crucial role in the project, for which
he already had been an advisor.
`Metro Man` Sreedharan`s term as MD of Delhi Metro Rail
Corporation is to end next month.
Disclosing this at a meet-the-press here, Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy said his government was very keen on making use
of the support and services of experts from diverse fields to
achieve its goal of fast track growth of the state.
After he came to power in May this year, government had
appointed former cabinet secretary K M Chandrasekhar as
vice-chairman of the state Planning Board and former CII
general secretary Tarun Das as its member.
More recently, Pitroda had agreed to advise the
government on technical aspects without charging any
"It has been our policy to utilise the services and
goodwill of experts willing to help us," Chandy said.
On resentment by certain Left quarters on making Tarun
Das the state planning board member, Chandy said, "You cannot
forget that he had served on the West Bengal plan board when
the state was ruled by the CPI(M)-led coalition."
Chandy, who announced a one year action plan yesterday,
said apprehensions by certain quarters that government planned
to open up public utility services like drinking water supply
"We only want to make delivery of basic services more
effective and prompt," he said.
He said UDF was totally confident of winning the Assembly
by-poll in Piravom Assembly segment, caused by the death of
Kerala Congress leader TM Jacob.
Asked if it would be a referendum of his government`s
performance, he said "every bypoll is an evaluation of the
government`s performance and that of the Opposition as well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!