Kerala tourism to set up waste treatment plants
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Tourism Development Corporation has said it will install its own waste treatment plants in all their hotels including `Tamarind Easy Hotels`.
Biogas plants had already been set up in all major hotels owned by KTDC, while works were being completed at the Mascot and Chitram Hotels in the capital and Bolgatty palace in Kochi, a KTDC release said.
The initiative was part of the state government`s Green Kerala Initiative. The `Tamarind` KTDC hotels in Alappuzha and Kayamkulam already have waste treatment facility.
Besides KTDC hotels, the corporation had also installed a biogas plant at Thiruvananthapuram museum with the assistance of the Museums and Zoos department.
With the completion of the work, KTDC would set an example of becoming green with biogas treatment plants. Waste generated from the hotels would be recycled and used for gardening.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know