Kerala: Tusker dies of electrocution in Thenmala
Thiruvananthapuram: A 40-year-old wild
elephant and sambar deer were electrocuted in Thenmala Forest Division near here, officials said today.
The carcasses were found at Nagamala forest under the division, yesterday.
Forest department officials suspect that the accident occurred when the animals came into contact with a live wire, which snapped in the downpour.
"The carcasses had burn marks. We came to known about the incident after the electricity department officials visited the spot to repair the electric line," range officer S V Vinod said.
He ruled out poaching bid as the tusks of the jumbo were intact. After post-mortem, the carcasses were cremated in the forests, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'