Kerala: Tusker dies of electrocution in Thenmala
Thiruvananthapuram: A 40-year-old wild
elephant and sambar deer were electrocuted in Thenmala Forest Division near here, officials said today.
The carcasses were found at Nagamala forest under the division, yesterday.
Forest department officials suspect that the accident occurred when the animals came into contact with a live wire, which snapped in the downpour.
"The carcasses had burn marks. We came to known about the incident after the electricity department officials visited the spot to repair the electric line," range officer S V Vinod said.
He ruled out poaching bid as the tusks of the jumbo were intact. After post-mortem, the carcasses were cremated in the forests, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj