Kerala: Tusker dies of electrocution in Thenmala
Thiruvananthapuram: A 40-year-old wild
elephant and sambar deer were electrocuted in Thenmala Forest Division near here, officials said today.
The carcasses were found at Nagamala forest under the division, yesterday.
Forest department officials suspect that the accident occurred when the animals came into contact with a live wire, which snapped in the downpour.
"The carcasses had burn marks. We came to known about the incident after the electricity department officials visited the spot to repair the electric line," range officer S V Vinod said.
He ruled out poaching bid as the tusks of the jumbo were intact. After post-mortem, the carcasses were cremated in the forests, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!