Kerala: UDF not to correct policies of LDF government
Kottayam: Kerala Rural Development and
Registration Minister K C Joseph on Thursday alleged that the
previous LDF government failed to maintain a good relationship
with the Centre, resulting in failure to get its sanction for
UDF government will not fight with the Centre for approving
schemes, he told reporters here.
The government`s objective was not to correct the policies
followed by the previous LDF government, but to broadly make
the Centre aware of the schemes and get it sanctioned,he said.
The funds from the state alone was not enough for meeting
developmental activities, he said.
To a question, Joseph said the cabinet has set up a
sub-committee to ensure co-ordination of urban affairs
(municipalities and corporations), Panchayats and rural
He said the government did not anticipate any problem
following allocation of portfolios of panchayats,
municipalities and corporations and rural development to
The sub-committee headed by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy
would have ministers in charge of three portfolios as its
members... P K Kunhalikutty-Municipalities and Corporations,
M K Muneer-Panchayats and K C Joseph-Rural Development.
Joseph said it was not going to affect the functioning of
`Kudumbasree mission` and Institute of Local development.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey