Kerala: UDF not to correct policies of LDF government
Kottayam: Kerala Rural Development and
Registration Minister K C Joseph on Thursday alleged that the
previous LDF government failed to maintain a good relationship
with the Centre, resulting in failure to get its sanction for
UDF government will not fight with the Centre for approving
schemes, he told reporters here.
The government`s objective was not to correct the policies
followed by the previous LDF government, but to broadly make
the Centre aware of the schemes and get it sanctioned,he said.
The funds from the state alone was not enough for meeting
developmental activities, he said.
To a question, Joseph said the cabinet has set up a
sub-committee to ensure co-ordination of urban affairs
(municipalities and corporations), Panchayats and rural
He said the government did not anticipate any problem
following allocation of portfolios of panchayats,
municipalities and corporations and rural development to
The sub-committee headed by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy
would have ministers in charge of three portfolios as its
members... P K Kunhalikutty-Municipalities and Corporations,
M K Muneer-Panchayats and K C Joseph-Rural Development.
Joseph said it was not going to affect the functioning of
`Kudumbasree mission` and Institute of Local development.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days