Kerala wants NIA to take up lecture attack case
Kollam: Union Home Secretary G K Pillai on Monday said Kerala government has asked Centre to take up investigation into the case of chopping off the hand of college lecturer T J Joseph allegedly by activists of radical outfit Popular Front of India (PFI).
Speaking to reporters after reviewing the functioning of Needakara coastal police station near here, Pilla said Centre would examine the letter of state government with the request
and take a decision.
Joseph`s was attacked by allegedly by PFI activists for preparing a question paper that hurt sentiments of muslim community.
Pilla,who would be meeting top state police later in the day at Thiruvananthapuram, said intelligence report had stated that maoist group with Waynad as centre was active in
State police could manage the situation, which has not developed into a major threat he said. However, he said religious extremism could pose a major threat to state in future.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says