Kerala woman arrested for selling her children
Kasargod: The mother of two children, who were sold for pecuniary benefits by her husband for Rs 1.60 lakh, has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
The woman was arrested on Friday night on charges of colluding with her husband in selling their children for quick money, police said.
The incident came to light after the woman had filed a complaint alleging harassment and torture by her 31-year-old husband, a casual labourer.
The man had sold his eight-month-old son about 18 months ago to a person hailing from Kunthapura in Karnataka for Rs 60000 and the second son to a person in Mangalore for Rs one lakh, police said.
Investigations helped trace the younger child from Mangalore while the search is on for the other missing child, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans