Kerala woman arrested for selling her children
Kasargod: The mother of two children, who were sold for pecuniary benefits by her husband for Rs 1.60 lakh, has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
The woman was arrested on Friday night on charges of colluding with her husband in selling their children for quick money, police said.
The incident came to light after the woman had filed a complaint alleging harassment and torture by her 31-year-old husband, a casual labourer.
The man had sold his eight-month-old son about 18 months ago to a person hailing from Kunthapura in Karnataka for Rs 60000 and the second son to a person in Mangalore for Rs one lakh, police said.
Investigations helped trace the younger child from Mangalore while the search is on for the other missing child, police said.
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today