Kerala woman arrested for selling her children
Kasargod: The mother of two children, who were sold for pecuniary benefits by her husband for Rs 1.60 lakh, has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
The woman was arrested on Friday night on charges of colluding with her husband in selling their children for quick money, police said.
The incident came to light after the woman had filed a complaint alleging harassment and torture by her 31-year-old husband, a casual labourer.
The man had sold his eight-month-old son about 18 months ago to a person hailing from Kunthapura in Karnataka for Rs 60000 and the second son to a person in Mangalore for Rs one lakh, police said.
Investigations helped trace the younger child from Mangalore while the search is on for the other missing child, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi