Kerala woman arrested for selling her children
Kasargod: The mother of two children, who were sold for pecuniary benefits by her husband for Rs 1.60 lakh, has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
The woman was arrested on Friday night on charges of colluding with her husband in selling their children for quick money, police said.
The incident came to light after the woman had filed a complaint alleging harassment and torture by her 31-year-old husband, a casual labourer.
The man had sold his eight-month-old son about 18 months ago to a person hailing from Kunthapura in Karnataka for Rs 60000 and the second son to a person in Mangalore for Rs one lakh, police said.
Investigations helped trace the younger child from Mangalore while the search is on for the other missing child, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender