Kerala’s CM assures transparency in all projects
Kochi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday said all the investment proposals emerging at the global investors meet being held here would be cleared in a transparent manner, without taking short-cuts on any critical issues such as the environment.
"I assure you that the government would support, hand hold and provide speedy clearances to all such proposals that are people friendly, environment friendly, which contribute to Kerala`s growth and complies with the law of the land.”
"We would do so in the most transparent and timely manner, without taking any short-cuts on any of the critical issues such as environment, law or the quality of human life in Kerala," said Chandy in his keynote address to the Emerging Kerala 2012 summit.
The chief minister`s statement was in reference to his government`s disconnect with the Left opposition which has been critical of the event.
The leader of opposition, VS Achuthanandan, did not attend it after the Left Democratic Front (LDF) decided to boycott the event because many of the projects that was put up as proposals, it said, were not in tune with the interest of the state and meant to benefit the investors only.
"They are holding a huge event today and there is no mention about increasing power production in the state. Do you think any industry can survive without power and they have no projects for it," said LDF convenor Vaikom Viswan.
Chandy, however, said his government has a clear development agenda.
"Our commitment to the people of Kerala is `Development and Care` and the objective is to achieve sustainable and inclusive economic growth. We want projects which are people oriented, projects which create employment opportunities in the state and those which are environment friendly.”
"I wish to stress again that "Emerging Kerala" is not just an investors` meet. It is a platform for opinion makers and policy providers to sit together and ponder over ways to make Kerala the most desirable, the most happening and the most eco-friendly human habitat on earth," said Chandy.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video