Kerala`s private hospitals flouting laws: Minister
Thiruvananthapuram: Most of the private hospitals in Kerala have been found to be flouting directives of the labour department, a minister said Tuesday.
During an inspection of the 362 private hospitals in the state, only 23 were found to be paying minimum wages to all eligible employees as per law, state Labour Minister Shibhu Baby John told reporters here.
"In 339 hospitals, it has been found that the minimum wages is paid only partially. This is shocking," said John.
"Of the 40,718 employees in these 362 hospitals, it has been found that 6,340 employees do not figure on the muster rolls," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube