Keralite abducted by a gang in Oman rescued
Palakkad: A 32-year-old man, working as a casual worker in Oman, abducted allegedly by some Pakistani nationals recently, was rescued by that country`s police Monday, his relatives here said.
Muhammed Haneefa, who hails from Kannambra here, was abducted on September 18 night from his work place in Sohar city.
Oman Police rescued him in the wee hours today and Haneefa spoke to his relatives over phone after his rescue, his relatives said.
Haneefa`s family had received phone calls on September 19 from Oman demanding ransom for his release.
Members of his family had filed a complaint with police here and the Indian Embassy at Muscat was informed about this.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test