Keralite abducted by a gang in Oman rescued
Palakkad: A 32-year-old man, working as a casual worker in Oman, abducted allegedly by some Pakistani nationals recently, was rescued by that country`s police Monday, his relatives here said.
Muhammed Haneefa, who hails from Kannambra here, was abducted on September 18 night from his work place in Sohar city.
Oman Police rescued him in the wee hours today and Haneefa spoke to his relatives over phone after his rescue, his relatives said.
Haneefa`s family had received phone calls on September 19 from Oman demanding ransom for his release.
Members of his family had filed a complaint with police here and the Indian Embassy at Muscat was informed about this.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah