Keralite abducted by a gang in Oman rescued
Palakkad: A 32-year-old man, working as a casual worker in Oman, abducted allegedly by some Pakistani nationals recently, was rescued by that country`s police Monday, his relatives here said.
Muhammed Haneefa, who hails from Kannambra here, was abducted on September 18 night from his work place in Sohar city.
Oman Police rescued him in the wee hours today and Haneefa spoke to his relatives over phone after his rescue, his relatives said.
Haneefa`s family had received phone calls on September 19 from Oman demanding ransom for his release.
Members of his family had filed a complaint with police here and the Indian Embassy at Muscat was informed about this.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state