Keralite abducted in Philippines released
Kozhikode: After a 14-month ordeal, a Keralite man abducted by a terrorist group in the Philippines in June last year, has been freed, his family members said on Friday.
36-year-old Kolaraveettil Biju, working as an operation manager in a garment factory at Kuwait, was abducted allegedly by a terror group from Sulu province in the Philippines while he was at his wife`s house, they said.
"Biju telephoned us at about 2.45 AM informing that he has been released by the captors," Biju`s father Narayanan said.
Shybu, brother of Biju, said he had also spoken him a couple of times. "At present Biju is at the police headquarters in Philippines after medical check-up," he said.
Biju, who has two children, had last visited his native place Moodadi, about six km from Koilandy in Kozhikode district, in June last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter