Keralite abducted in Philippines released
Kozhikode: After a 14-month ordeal, a Keralite man abducted by a terrorist group in the Philippines in June last year, has been freed, his family members said on Friday.
36-year-old Kolaraveettil Biju, working as an operation manager in a garment factory at Kuwait, was abducted allegedly by a terror group from Sulu province in the Philippines while he was at his wife`s house, they said.
"Biju telephoned us at about 2.45 AM informing that he has been released by the captors," Biju`s father Narayanan said.
Shybu, brother of Biju, said he had also spoken him a couple of times. "At present Biju is at the police headquarters in Philippines after medical check-up," he said.
Biju, who has two children, had last visited his native place Moodadi, about six km from Koilandy in Kozhikode district, in June last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar