Keralite abducted in Philippines released
Kozhikode: After a 14-month ordeal, a Keralite man abducted by a terrorist group in the Philippines in June last year, has been freed, his family members said on Friday.
36-year-old Kolaraveettil Biju, working as an operation manager in a garment factory at Kuwait, was abducted allegedly by a terror group from Sulu province in the Philippines while he was at his wife`s house, they said.
"Biju telephoned us at about 2.45 AM informing that he has been released by the captors," Biju`s father Narayanan said.
Shybu, brother of Biju, said he had also spoken him a couple of times. "At present Biju is at the police headquarters in Philippines after medical check-up," he said.
Biju, who has two children, had last visited his native place Moodadi, about six km from Koilandy in Kozhikode district, in June last year.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa