Keralite among those killed in Nigerian plane crash
Kochi: A 26-year-old computer engineer from Kerala was among 153 passengers and crew killed in the Nigerian plane crash on Sunday.
Rijo K Eldhose, employed with Hewlett and Packard, was on his way to Lagos from Abuja in the Nigerian capital to attend a conference when the plane crashed.
The only son of Kochukudi Eldhose, a former Army official, and Elizabeth of Avolichalil at Kavalangad panchayat, Rijo had been working in Nigeria for the past four years and was expected in Kerala in July for a vacation, family sources said.
His relatives were also planning to get him married.
Rijo used to visit his home town every year on a month-long vacation. His only sister is in Abu Dhabi, they said.
The family was informed about the tragedy by the parents of Rijo`s colleague.
A passenger plane crashed into a residential area in Lagos on Sunday, killing all 153 people on board including an Indian co-pilot, and over 40 others on the ground.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20