Keralite released by abductors in Nigeria
Kottayam: A Keralite, abducted by armed men in Nigeria where he had been employed as an engineer in a construction firm, was on Monday released after being in captivity for over ten days, his family said.
44-year old Rajimon, working in the firm at Uromi in Edo state of Nigeria and kidnapped on September 13, contacted his wife and father at nearby Pala and informed them about his release, Local MP Jose K Mani said.
Rajimon has reported to the nearby police station at Uromi and is staying at a friend`s house. "After legal proceedings he will return this week", one of his relatives here said.
He told the family that there was no harassment from the abductors who provided him food and other facilities.
The abductors had contacted the company officials demanding a ransom of Rs.7.50 crore for his release, which was later reduced to Rs.5.50 crore and to Rs.3.50 crore. However, it was not clear whether the ransom was paid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!