Keralite released by abductors in Nigeria
Kottayam: A Keralite, abducted by armed men in Nigeria where he had been employed as an engineer in a construction firm, was on Monday released after being in captivity for over ten days, his family said.
44-year old Rajimon, working in the firm at Uromi in Edo state of Nigeria and kidnapped on September 13, contacted his wife and father at nearby Pala and informed them about his release, Local MP Jose K Mani said.
Rajimon has reported to the nearby police station at Uromi and is staying at a friend`s house. "After legal proceedings he will return this week", one of his relatives here said.
He told the family that there was no harassment from the abductors who provided him food and other facilities.
The abductors had contacted the company officials demanding a ransom of Rs.7.50 crore for his release, which was later reduced to Rs.5.50 crore and to Rs.3.50 crore. However, it was not clear whether the ransom was paid.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living