Keralite released by abductors in Nigeria
Kottayam: A Keralite, abducted by armed men in Nigeria where he had been employed as an engineer in a construction firm, was on Monday released after being in captivity for over ten days, his family said.
44-year old Rajimon, working in the firm at Uromi in Edo state of Nigeria and kidnapped on September 13, contacted his wife and father at nearby Pala and informed them about his release, Local MP Jose K Mani said.
Rajimon has reported to the nearby police station at Uromi and is staying at a friend`s house. "After legal proceedings he will return this week", one of his relatives here said.
He told the family that there was no harassment from the abductors who provided him food and other facilities.
The abductors had contacted the company officials demanding a ransom of Rs.7.50 crore for his release, which was later reduced to Rs.5.50 crore and to Rs.3.50 crore. However, it was not clear whether the ransom was paid.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read