Keralite released by abductors in Nigeria
Kottayam: A Keralite, abducted by armed men in Nigeria where he had been employed as an engineer in a construction firm, was on Monday released after being in captivity for over ten days, his family said.
44-year old Rajimon, working in the firm at Uromi in Edo state of Nigeria and kidnapped on September 13, contacted his wife and father at nearby Pala and informed them about his release, Local MP Jose K Mani said.
Rajimon has reported to the nearby police station at Uromi and is staying at a friend`s house. "After legal proceedings he will return this week", one of his relatives here said.
He told the family that there was no harassment from the abductors who provided him food and other facilities.
The abductors had contacted the company officials demanding a ransom of Rs.7.50 crore for his release, which was later reduced to Rs.5.50 crore and to Rs.3.50 crore. However, it was not clear whether the ransom was paid.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama
- Tunisian parliament approves national united government