Keralite youth shot dead in Ghana by robbers
Kollam (Ker): A Keralite youth was shot dead by robbers in West African country Ghana where he had gone for business deals of a cashew processing company he was employed with, according to information received by his family here.
The victim was identified as Rajesh Muraleedharan (23) from Puthoor near Kottarakkara town in Kollam district of Kerala.
According to information received by his relatives today, Rajesh died on May 9 in a hospital where he was admitted with bullet injuries after he was fired at by a gang that broke into the rented house he was living in.
Rajesh, working as quality inspector of a private cashew factory here, had gone to Ghana in January for purchasing raw nuts for the factory, sources said.
There were also some other Keralites staying with him, who informed Rajesh`s family of the incident. His relatives, however, could not say in which place in Ghana their kin was living when he was attacked.
Earlier this month, the CEO of a Kochi-based shipping company was shot dead by robbers in South Sudan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’