Keralities celebrate Vishu
Thiruvananthapuaram: Keralites today celebrated the harvest festival `Vishu` with traditional fervour, looking ahead to a season of peace and prosperity.
People woke up in the wee hours to see `Vishukkani,` the ceremonial sighting of auspicious articles like rice, fruits, gold coins and flowers tastefully arranged in brass vessels, symbolising hope and promise.
Heavy rush of devotees dressed in their best attire was witnessed in major temples, including Guruvayur and Sabarimala, where devotees thronged in hundreds for Vishu darshan.
At the Sabarimala hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa, a large number of devotees from neighbouring states also thronged for the Vishu darshan, for which elaborate arrangements had been made.
Keeping up the long tradition, elders gifted coins to children as part of the custom known as `Vishukaineettam.`
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal