Kerela: Court rejects DGP`s plea for shifting accused in murder case
Kozhikode: A court here today rejected Kerala DGP (Prison) Alexander Jacob`s plea for shifting the five accused in the RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan murder case to Central Jail in Thiruvananthapuram from District Jail here, after they were found using Facebook, using mobile phones in their possession.
In the plea filed before the Special Additional District and Sessions Court Judge R Narayana Pisharadi the DGP sought shifting of N K Sunilkumar alias Kodi Suni, Kirmani Manoj, Mohammed Shafi, M C Anoop and Annan Sijith to Poojappura Central Jail.
The prosecution argued that the accused have flouted prison rules and therefore the only way was to transfer them to Poojapura jail.
The Court said the accused has the right to be a part of the trial and be present in the court and that could not be denied.
Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan had yesterday said the Government had decided to seek the permission of the court for shifting the accused to some other jail from the district prison here.
Chandrasekharan, who floated his own outfit Revolutionary Marxist Party after quitting CPI(M), was hacked to death in May 2012 near his native village Onchiyam in Kannur district.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof