Kerela Govt to help returnees from Saudi Arabia
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government has worked out schemes to help expatriates who return from Saudi Arabia due to implementation of new labour law `Nitaqat` which mandates companies to hire locals, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said here on Wednesday.
The government would extend all possible help to Keralites returning from Saudi Arabia, because of the Nitaqat Law, which will come into force very soon, he told reporters here after a cabinet meeting.
The help of the Union Government as well as that of prominent personalities in Kerala will be sought on the matter, he said.
During the amnesty period, many Keralites have cleared their mandatory papers and would be eligible to continue there, he pointed out.
If necessary State Ministers KC Joseph and Manjalamkuzhi Ali would visit Saudi Arabia and hold discussions with Malayalee associations there to help Keralities facing problem due to the new labour law, he said.
On other cabinet decisions, he said approval has been given to the contributory pension scheme for government employees who joined state services from April this year.
The Government of Kerala and National Pension Scheme Trust has discussed the contract details prior to its signing.
Quasi government institutions and government-owned companies also would be requested to come under the purview of the Contributory Pension Scheme, he said.
The government would honour athletes form Kerala who have performed well in the first Asian School Athletic Championship held at Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
The student athletes from Kerala played a crucial role in taking India to the second place in the championship, he said.
It has been decided to give Rs 1 lakh each to gold medal winners. Rs two lakh will be given to Jisha and Chitra who bagged two gold medals each. Silver medalists will receive Rs 50,000 each, while those who have won bronze medals will be given Rs 30,000 each.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre