Kerela HC issues notice to newspapers, TV channels
Kochi: Kerala High court on Tuesday issued notices to various newspapers and television channels on a petition seeking action against media for allegedly "conducting trial" in the case relating to the recent murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan.
The notices were issued on the petition by Yasodha, wife of K K Krishnan, CPI-M Onchiyam Area committee member arrested in connection with the case.
She submitted that media was making "baseless" allegations against her husband and was conducting `media trial` even before the chargesheet has been filed. Media reports were showing Krishnan in bad light, she stated.
Police informed the court that they had not divulged investigation details to the media, following which justice S S Sateeshchandran issued notices to the media and also to the state government and the Director General of Police.
Meanwhile, C H Ashokan, Onchiayam Area Committee Secretary, today approached the high court seeking bail in the case related to alleged conspiracy hatched during 2009 to do away with Chandrasekharan.
Though Ashokan was granted bail by the court yesterday with stringent conditions in the case relating to the murder of Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M activist, he was not released due to the pendency of the 2009 case. Ashokan is the 15th accused in the Chandrasekharan murder case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway