Kerela HC issues notice to newspapers, TV channels
Kochi: Kerala High court on Tuesday issued notices to various newspapers and television channels on a petition seeking action against media for allegedly "conducting trial" in the case relating to the recent murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan.
The notices were issued on the petition by Yasodha, wife of K K Krishnan, CPI-M Onchiyam Area committee member arrested in connection with the case.
She submitted that media was making "baseless" allegations against her husband and was conducting `media trial` even before the chargesheet has been filed. Media reports were showing Krishnan in bad light, she stated.
Police informed the court that they had not divulged investigation details to the media, following which justice S S Sateeshchandran issued notices to the media and also to the state government and the Director General of Police.
Meanwhile, C H Ashokan, Onchiayam Area Committee Secretary, today approached the high court seeking bail in the case related to alleged conspiracy hatched during 2009 to do away with Chandrasekharan.
Though Ashokan was granted bail by the court yesterday with stringent conditions in the case relating to the murder of Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M activist, he was not released due to the pendency of the 2009 case. Ashokan is the 15th accused in the Chandrasekharan murder case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged