Kerela to consider extending state subsidy to LPG cylinders
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government is seriously considering extending the state subsidy to Above Poverty Line category families to three LPG cylinders above the six fixed by the Centre.
Addressing a press conference after a cabinet meeting here Wednesday, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the matter would be discussed at the cabinet meeting next week.
Last week, government had announced three subsidised LPG cylinders to BPL category families.
On other decisions, he said government would pay Rs three lakh each to families of five persons killed in the car-train mishap at an unmanned level crossing at Aroor in Alappuzha last week.
Chandy said railways has informed government that they would not pay compensation to those killed in accidents at unmanned level crossings. "Though we did not agree with their stand, railways say it is a policy followed all over the country`, Chandy said.
Under the circumstances, the state government had asked the Railways to convert all unmanned level crossings in Kerala to manned one as early as possible to avoid accidents, he said.
On Bus operators demand for a fare hike in the wake of increase in diesel price, Chandy said government would take a decision after examining in detail the report of the Commission which looked into the matter.
A cabinet sub-committee, comprising Transport Minister Aryadan Muhammed, Finance Minister K M Mani, Industries Minister P K Kunhalikutty and Home Minister Thiruvanchor Radhakrishnan has been formed to examine the report.
The cabinet meeting to be held next week would take up the matter, he said.
The Commission had suggested that minimum charges be raised by Rs one from Rs five and other revisions per km distance.
A Cabinet sub-committee would discuss matters pertaining to the dispute between Orthodox and Jacobite sections, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog