Kingfisher bomb scare: Suspect commits suicide
Thiruvananthapuram: Sunil Lawrence, the man arrested by the police in connection with the crude bomb found on a Kingfisher flight last month, has committed suicide, claimed reports on Friday.
As per report, the suicide note left by Lawrence, who worked as a cleaner at the Thiruvananthapuram airport, said that he decided to end his life since he could not prove his innocence.
Lawrence was disappointed over losing a job opportunity in the Middle East because of his interrogation and detention in connection with the case.
The matter came to light when a crude bomb was found in the cargo section of a Kingfisher jet that had flown from Bangalore to Thiruvanthapuram. The low-intensity bomb, which was wrapped in a Malyalam newspaper, was detected during a routine security check after passengers had left the plane.
The recovery of crude bomb exposed the lax security at airport and raised questions as to how the flight departed without the package being detected.
The matter was jointly probed by Bangalore and Thiruvananthapuram police officials from and passengers on the flight and airport staff in both cities were thoroughly grilled.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars