Kingfisher bomb scare: Suspect commits suicide
Thiruvananthapuram: Sunil Lawrence, the man arrested by the police in connection with the crude bomb found on a Kingfisher flight last month, has committed suicide, claimed reports on Friday.
As per report, the suicide note left by Lawrence, who worked as a cleaner at the Thiruvananthapuram airport, said that he decided to end his life since he could not prove his innocence.
Lawrence was disappointed over losing a job opportunity in the Middle East because of his interrogation and detention in connection with the case.
The matter came to light when a crude bomb was found in the cargo section of a Kingfisher jet that had flown from Bangalore to Thiruvanthapuram. The low-intensity bomb, which was wrapped in a Malyalam newspaper, was detected during a routine security check after passengers had left the plane.
The recovery of crude bomb exposed the lax security at airport and raised questions as to how the flight departed without the package being detected.
The matter was jointly probed by Bangalore and Thiruvananthapuram police officials from and passengers on the flight and airport staff in both cities were thoroughly grilled.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test