Knowledge of Malayalam language made compulsory for jobs in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala cabinet on Thursday decided to make proficiency in Malayalam language a must for getting jobs in government services in the state.
Necessary changes in this regard would be brought in the Kerala Service Rules, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters.
As per the decision, candidates who have not studied Malayalam upto class-10 or at the degree level will have to pass a special language examination if they have to get promotion from the entry cadre.
The candidates have to pass senior higher diploma equivalent examination conducted by the Malayalam Misssion, Chandy said.
However, in the case Tamil and Kannada linguistic minority, the existing rule that candidates have to pass Malayalam examination within 10 years of their joining the services will continue.
The eligibility test, which will be equivalent to tenth standard Malayalam examination, will be decided by the Public Service Commission.
The age limit of people in general category for getting jobs through employment exchanges have been increased to 41 from 38 and in the case of OBC it has been raised to 44 from 41. In the case SC/ST candidates, the age limit has been raised to 46 from 43, Chandy said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September