Knowledge of Malayalam language made compulsory for jobs in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala cabinet on Thursday decided to make proficiency in Malayalam language a must for getting jobs in government services in the state.
Necessary changes in this regard would be brought in the Kerala Service Rules, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters.
As per the decision, candidates who have not studied Malayalam upto class-10 or at the degree level will have to pass a special language examination if they have to get promotion from the entry cadre.
The candidates have to pass senior higher diploma equivalent examination conducted by the Malayalam Misssion, Chandy said.
However, in the case Tamil and Kannada linguistic minority, the existing rule that candidates have to pass Malayalam examination within 10 years of their joining the services will continue.
The eligibility test, which will be equivalent to tenth standard Malayalam examination, will be decided by the Public Service Commission.
The age limit of people in general category for getting jobs through employment exchanges have been increased to 41 from 38 and in the case of OBC it has been raised to 44 from 41. In the case SC/ST candidates, the age limit has been raised to 46 from 43, Chandy said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened