Kochi: AI plane`s tail tips runway, all safe
Kochi: In another air incident at Kochi
airport, the tail of an Abu Dhabi-bound Air India Express
Boeing plane with 190 passengers on board tipped the runway
and returned here after being airborne for 90 minutes.
The two pilots of the Boeing 737-800 aircraft have been
derostered following the incident, an Air India spokesperson
The incident on Sunday night came to light today and
occurred hours before a Gulf Air flight from Bahrain skidded
off the runway at Kochi airport yesterday in which 137
passengers and a six-member crew had a narrow escape. Seven
persons were injured in the Gulf Air incident.
As the flight of Air India`s low budget carrier took off
to Abu Dhabi at 9.15 PM, its tail tipped the runway, the
The pilots informed Air Traffic Control(ATC) after they
came to know about the tail problem and sought permission to
Permission was granted and the aircraft returned to
Kochi after being airborne for one and half hours, the
spokesperson said. The aircraft also jettisoned fuel before
landing and was declared AOG (Aircraft on Ground).
Technicians repaired the "cartridge" of the aircraft and
the plane left for Mumbai today for its onward journey.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days