Kochi Airport put on high alert after terror threat calls
Kochi: The Kochi International airport at nearby Nedumbassery was on Friday put on high alert after it received threatening calls stating that it would be attacked by terrorists with AK-47s, a top airport official said.
Airport director AK C Nair told PTI that the Air Traffic Control tower received four calls this evening, three in Malayalam and one in Hindi, stating that the airport would be attacked by terrorists with AK-47s.
The airport was immediately put on high alert, he said, adding visitors are not being allowed inside the airport and passengers are being throughly checked. Car parking area of the airport is under surveillance.
The bomb squad, Police and CISF battalion are in the airport complex, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh
- A rat-free land: New Zealand announces plan to become 'predator-free' by 2050!
- Saudis say five guards killed in clashes on Yemen border
- RBI fines BoB, PNB, HDFC Bank for regulatory lapses