Kodikunnil Suresh files petition in HC
Kochi: AICC Secreteary Kodikunnil Suresh,
whose election from the Mavelikara (Reserved) Parliamentary
constituency was declared void by the Kerala High Court, Tuesday
filed a petition seeking one month`s stay on the judgement to
enable him to file appeal in the Supreme Court.
When the petition came up before Justice M Shashidharan
Nambiar, the court posted it for tomorrow to enable the
respondents-- K S Anil Kumar and two others, to file replies.
Suresh contended that he intends to file appeal before
Supreme court challenging the judgement.
Parliament is in session from July 26 to Aug 27 and being a
member of the SC-ST Welfare committee of Parliament, he has a
vital role to play in the welfare of the members of the SC-ST
community, the petitioner submitted.
If the operation of the judgement is not stayed, he would
not be able to take part in the committee. He has raised
starred questions in this session of the Lok Sabha. Hence, his
presence in house was essential during question hour, he
Kodikunnil said he was also the Secretary of the Congress
Parliamentary party. During the parliamentary session, as the
secretary he has to organise and convene the meetings of MPs
belonging to congress party to interact with ministers on
vital matters in the Lok Sabha.
He is also the member of the standing committee of Rural
Development and has an active role in the committee meetings.
If the operation of the judgement is not stayed, great
prejudice would be caused to public interest and to the
petitioner as Member of Parliament, he submitted. His
constituency will also suffer, Suresh stated.
Yesterday, Justice Nambiar had set aside Kodikunnil
Suresh`s petition after holding that he was not entitled to
claim the benefits and privileges available to the members of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly