Kollam: People torch bus for killing man, daughter
Kollam: An irate mob torched a private
bus that fatally knocked down a middle-aged man and his
daughter at Bharanikkavu near here Thursday.
The angry crowd which witnessed the gruesome mishap ordered
the passengers and the crew to get down from the bus before
beginning to smash it with stones and rods and finally setting
it on fire, police sources said.
The victims, allegedly of over-speeding of the bus, were
identified as Sasidharan (50) and his daughter Athira(17).
According to eye witnesses, the bus hit and ran over the
victims while they were about the cross the road after coming
by a motor cycle. The father was taking the girl to tuition
A sizeable crowd present at the spot immediately surrounded
the bus and started attacking alleging that reckless driving
and over speeding had been causing frequent accidents in the
They said the authorities had declined to heed to their
complaints as the area was witnessed to a similar mishap in
Police said no arrest had been made so far as the bus crew
fled the scene.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof