Kozhikode Asst Commissioner Pillai transferred
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Government
today transferred a police official who opened fired at the
agitating SFI students during a recent protest at a government
engineering college in Kozhikode.
Kozhikode Assistant Commissioner of Police K Radhakrishnan
Pillai, who opened fire, has been transferred, Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy said at the state Assembly.
Making a statement in this regard, Chandy said action was
taken against Pillai, taking into consideration the CPI-M led
LDF opposition`s sentiments. Students Federation of India
(SFI) is politically linked to CPI(M).
Chandy said Additional Chief Secretary K Jayakumar, who
held a probe into the firing, had stated in his report that
firing could have been avoided.
However, as no one was injured in the incident at
Government Engineering College and considering the Opposition
demand, he has been transferred, Chandy said.
Protesting the decision, the LDF Opposition, who had
demanded Pillai`s suspension, led by its leader V S
Achuthanandan, staged a walkout.
The LDF had also demanded a judicial probe into the firing
at students, who were agitating in front of the college in
connection with the alleged "illegal" admission of a student.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister