Kozhikode Asst Commissioner Pillai transferred
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Government
today transferred a police official who opened fired at the
agitating SFI students during a recent protest at a government
engineering college in Kozhikode.
Kozhikode Assistant Commissioner of Police K Radhakrishnan
Pillai, who opened fire, has been transferred, Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy said at the state Assembly.
Making a statement in this regard, Chandy said action was
taken against Pillai, taking into consideration the CPI-M led
LDF opposition`s sentiments. Students Federation of India
(SFI) is politically linked to CPI(M).
Chandy said Additional Chief Secretary K Jayakumar, who
held a probe into the firing, had stated in his report that
firing could have been avoided.
However, as no one was injured in the incident at
Government Engineering College and considering the Opposition
demand, he has been transferred, Chandy said.
Protesting the decision, the LDF Opposition, who had
demanded Pillai`s suspension, led by its leader V S
Achuthanandan, staged a walkout.
The LDF had also demanded a judicial probe into the firing
at students, who were agitating in front of the college in
connection with the alleged "illegal" admission of a student.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you