Kozhikode: Special team to probe bomb explosion
Thiruvananthapuram: A special team of the
Crime Branch wing of the Kerala police will be formed to
investigate the death of five persons while making
country-bomb at Nadapuram in Kozhikode district two days
State Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan on Monday gave
instructions in this regard to Dierctor General of Police,
According to official sources, the probe would also cover
the conspiracy angle of the incident.
Meanwhile, state Forest Minister Benoy Visam, who represents
Nadapuram in the state assembly, convened an all party meet
in Kozhikode for maintaining peace in the area.
The representatives of various parties who attended the
meet agreed to co-operate with the peace initiatives in the
politically sensitive area.
Five persons were killed and three injured when they were
engaged in making crude bombs at Narikkatteri near Nadapuram
town in Kozhikode district on last Firday.
While, three persons died on the spot while two others
succumbed to injuries at a hospital this morning, they said.
The ruling CPI-M had alleged that Indian Union Muslim League
workers were behind the bomb-making,which was meant for
creating violence during the campaign for the ensuing
assembly polls in the state.
Often in the past, Nadapuram area had been witness to
political clashes involving IUML and CPI-M workers.
Earlier this month, police had recovered several steel
bombs,concealed in a bucket, from the area.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- IRNSS-1G launch: PM Modi lauds ISRO, says it's a great gift to people of India from scientists
- SHOCKING VIDEO: OMG! This bowler was almost killed after being hit on face by ball...
- Sniffing rosemary helps improve brain power of old people
- After Uyghur activist Dolkun Isa, India cancels visa of Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua
- MUST WATCH: Amazing speech by BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu blasting Congress