KPCC chief condemns CPI-M stand on court verdicts
Thiruvananthapuram: The proposed protest
against the High Court declared by the CPI-M in the wake of
the verdict against party leader MV Jayarajan in a contempt
of court case was `condemnable,` KPCC president Ramesh
Chennithala said on Sunday.
In a statement here, Chennithala said the agitation could
only be taken as a challenge to democracy and there should be
public opinion against this move.
All political parties who valued the Indian Constitution
and participated in the democratic process were bound to
respect the Judiciary, he said.
Those who had disagreements with court verdicts had the
freedom to file appeal in higher courts. It was not proper to
organise partymen to fight against court verdicts, he said.
The CPI-M national leadership should take the initiative to
advise the state leaders to back out from the proposed stir
which would destroy the essence of democracy, he said in the
The CPI-M had decided to stage a protest before the High
Court tomorrow against its order sentencing Jayarajan to
six months imprisonment for contempt of court.
Jayarajan was recently sentenced by the court for his
derogatory comments against two judges for the court verdict
on banning roadside meeting.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof