KPCC chief condemns CPI-M stand on court verdicts
Thiruvananthapuram: The proposed protest
against the High Court declared by the CPI-M in the wake of
the verdict against party leader MV Jayarajan in a contempt
of court case was `condemnable,` KPCC president Ramesh
Chennithala said on Sunday.
In a statement here, Chennithala said the agitation could
only be taken as a challenge to democracy and there should be
public opinion against this move.
All political parties who valued the Indian Constitution
and participated in the democratic process were bound to
respect the Judiciary, he said.
Those who had disagreements with court verdicts had the
freedom to file appeal in higher courts. It was not proper to
organise partymen to fight against court verdicts, he said.
The CPI-M national leadership should take the initiative to
advise the state leaders to back out from the proposed stir
which would destroy the essence of democracy, he said in the
The CPI-M had decided to stage a protest before the High
Court tomorrow against its order sentencing Jayarajan to
six months imprisonment for contempt of court.
Jayarajan was recently sentenced by the court for his
derogatory comments against two judges for the court verdict
on banning roadside meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM