KPCC for humanitarian approach towards Madani
Alappuzha: Congress in Kerala Friday hinted that it would press its party government, which is set to assume office in Karnataka, to speed up trial of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, who has been lodged in a Bangalore jail for over two years in connection with the 2008 serial blasts.
"We will urge the Government (to be installed in Karnataka soon) to take a humanitarian approach towards Madani. This has always been our stand," KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala said in response to reporters` questions.
"Let the law take its course in the case. But we are of the view that there should be a humanitarian approach," Chennithala, who arrived here as part of his "Kerala Yatra" campaign, said.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy had a few months ago urged the BJP Government in Karnataka to speed up Madani`s trial and provide him due medical care.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers