KPCC for humanitarian approach towards Madani
Alappuzha: Congress in Kerala Friday hinted that it would press its party government, which is set to assume office in Karnataka, to speed up trial of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, who has been lodged in a Bangalore jail for over two years in connection with the 2008 serial blasts.
"We will urge the Government (to be installed in Karnataka soon) to take a humanitarian approach towards Madani. This has always been our stand," KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala said in response to reporters` questions.
"Let the law take its course in the case. But we are of the view that there should be a humanitarian approach," Chennithala, who arrived here as part of his "Kerala Yatra" campaign, said.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy had a few months ago urged the BJP Government in Karnataka to speed up Madani`s trial and provide him due medical care.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery