KPCC for humanitarian approach towards Madani
Alappuzha: Congress in Kerala Friday hinted that it would press its party government, which is set to assume office in Karnataka, to speed up trial of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, who has been lodged in a Bangalore jail for over two years in connection with the 2008 serial blasts.
"We will urge the Government (to be installed in Karnataka soon) to take a humanitarian approach towards Madani. This has always been our stand," KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala said in response to reporters` questions.
"Let the law take its course in the case. But we are of the view that there should be a humanitarian approach," Chennithala, who arrived here as part of his "Kerala Yatra" campaign, said.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy had a few months ago urged the BJP Government in Karnataka to speed up Madani`s trial and provide him due medical care.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!