KPCC should meet to discuss Murali issue: Karunakaran
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to give a push
for his son Muraleedharan`s re-entry into the Congress,
veteran party leader K Karunakaran on Wednesday said the KPCC
executive meeting should be convened soon to decide the issue.
Speaking to reporters here, he said he had taken up the
issue when Opposition Leader Oommen Chandy and KPCC president
Ramesh Chennithala met him yesterday.
The nonagenarian leader had recently written to Congress
President Sonia Gandhi, seeking her intervention to get
Muraleedharan, a former KPCC President, re-admitted.
After his exit from Congress,Muraleedharan had joined NCP,
but quit the party and has sought re-entry to the Congress. He
also met party high command leaders in Delhi more than once
and requested them to consider his plea.
Stating that he was not part of any group now, Karunakaran
said he had asked both Chandy and Chennithala not to support
any group in the party.
He termed as not true, Chennithala`s comment that the
Muraleedharan issue was not discussed at the meeting with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock