KPCC should meet to discuss Murali issue: Karunakaran
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to give a push
for his son Muraleedharan`s re-entry into the Congress,
veteran party leader K Karunakaran on Wednesday said the KPCC
executive meeting should be convened soon to decide the issue.
Speaking to reporters here, he said he had taken up the
issue when Opposition Leader Oommen Chandy and KPCC president
Ramesh Chennithala met him yesterday.
The nonagenarian leader had recently written to Congress
President Sonia Gandhi, seeking her intervention to get
Muraleedharan, a former KPCC President, re-admitted.
After his exit from Congress,Muraleedharan had joined NCP,
but quit the party and has sought re-entry to the Congress. He
also met party high command leaders in Delhi more than once
and requested them to consider his plea.
Stating that he was not part of any group now, Karunakaran
said he had asked both Chandy and Chennithala not to support
any group in the party.
He termed as not true, Chennithala`s comment that the
Muraleedharan issue was not discussed at the meeting with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday