K’taka HC issues notice to Kerala Police in Sabarimala case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Friday
ordered issue of emergent notice to Kerala Police on a
petition filed by Kannada actress Jaimala seeking transit bail
in a case relating to her claim of having touched the idol of
Jaimala moved the court in the wake of Kerala Police
deciding to file a charge sheet against her over her claim in
June 2006 that she in the prime of her youth, entered the
sanctum sanctorum of the hill shrine and even touched the
presiding deity`s idol, defying a ban on 10-50 age group women
worshipping in the temple.
When the bail application came for hearing before
Justice N Ananda, he ordered issue of emergent notice to
Kerala Police after hearing Jayamala`s counsel and posted the
matter for hearing to November 15.
50-year-old Jaimala sought the transit bail to enable
her to move the jurisdictional court in Kerala for
Earlier, Jaimala`s counsel C V Sudhindra submitted
that though the actress` experience during her visit to
Sabarimala shrine occurred way back in 1987, "nothing happened
till 2006 when a self-serving astrologer Unnikrishnan
predicted during Devaprashna in Sabarimala, which was in fact
the experience shared with him by Jaimala".
Sudhindra submitted that Unnikrishnan "exploited the
experience confided by Jaimala to him to enhance his image. He
also termed the incident as "very trivial and bordering on
Police sources in Kerala had recently said Jaimala,
astrologer Unnikrishnan and his assistant Raghupathi would be
issued charge sheet under Section 295 A of IPC for "deliberate
and malicious act" intended to outrage religious feelings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves