K’taka HC issues notice to Kerala Police in Sabarimala case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Friday
ordered issue of emergent notice to Kerala Police on a
petition filed by Kannada actress Jaimala seeking transit bail
in a case relating to her claim of having touched the idol of
Jaimala moved the court in the wake of Kerala Police
deciding to file a charge sheet against her over her claim in
June 2006 that she in the prime of her youth, entered the
sanctum sanctorum of the hill shrine and even touched the
presiding deity`s idol, defying a ban on 10-50 age group women
worshipping in the temple.
When the bail application came for hearing before
Justice N Ananda, he ordered issue of emergent notice to
Kerala Police after hearing Jayamala`s counsel and posted the
matter for hearing to November 15.
50-year-old Jaimala sought the transit bail to enable
her to move the jurisdictional court in Kerala for
Earlier, Jaimala`s counsel C V Sudhindra submitted
that though the actress` experience during her visit to
Sabarimala shrine occurred way back in 1987, "nothing happened
till 2006 when a self-serving astrologer Unnikrishnan
predicted during Devaprashna in Sabarimala, which was in fact
the experience shared with him by Jaimala".
Sudhindra submitted that Unnikrishnan "exploited the
experience confided by Jaimala to him to enhance his image. He
also termed the incident as "very trivial and bordering on
Police sources in Kerala had recently said Jaimala,
astrologer Unnikrishnan and his assistant Raghupathi would be
issued charge sheet under Section 295 A of IPC for "deliberate
and malicious act" intended to outrage religious feelings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year