K’taka HC issues notice to Kerala Police in Sabarimala case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Friday
ordered issue of emergent notice to Kerala Police on a
petition filed by Kannada actress Jaimala seeking transit bail
in a case relating to her claim of having touched the idol of
Jaimala moved the court in the wake of Kerala Police
deciding to file a charge sheet against her over her claim in
June 2006 that she in the prime of her youth, entered the
sanctum sanctorum of the hill shrine and even touched the
presiding deity`s idol, defying a ban on 10-50 age group women
worshipping in the temple.
When the bail application came for hearing before
Justice N Ananda, he ordered issue of emergent notice to
Kerala Police after hearing Jayamala`s counsel and posted the
matter for hearing to November 15.
50-year-old Jaimala sought the transit bail to enable
her to move the jurisdictional court in Kerala for
Earlier, Jaimala`s counsel C V Sudhindra submitted
that though the actress` experience during her visit to
Sabarimala shrine occurred way back in 1987, "nothing happened
till 2006 when a self-serving astrologer Unnikrishnan
predicted during Devaprashna in Sabarimala, which was in fact
the experience shared with him by Jaimala".
Sudhindra submitted that Unnikrishnan "exploited the
experience confided by Jaimala to him to enhance his image. He
also termed the incident as "very trivial and bordering on
Police sources in Kerala had recently said Jaimala,
astrologer Unnikrishnan and his assistant Raghupathi would be
issued charge sheet under Section 295 A of IPC for "deliberate
and malicious act" intended to outrage religious feelings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?