KWA union against privatisation of water supply
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Water Authority Employees Union has come out against the Congress-led-UDF government`s move to privatise drinking water supply scheme in the state.
In a statement here, the Union said it would sternly oppose the move to form a company with 51 per cent stakes for private holders in the drinking water supply sector.
The union also criticised the national water policy which permitted privatisation of drinking water supply.
The union would launch a state-wide campaign against the move of the government, it said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids