KWA union against privatisation of water supply
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Water Authority Employees Union has come out against the Congress-led-UDF government`s move to privatise drinking water supply scheme in the state.
In a statement here, the Union said it would sternly oppose the move to form a company with 51 per cent stakes for private holders in the drinking water supply sector.
The union also criticised the national water policy which permitted privatisation of drinking water supply.
The union would launch a state-wide campaign against the move of the government, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world