KWA union against privatisation of water supply
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Water Authority Employees Union has come out against the Congress-led-UDF government`s move to privatise drinking water supply scheme in the state.
In a statement here, the Union said it would sternly oppose the move to form a company with 51 per cent stakes for private holders in the drinking water supply sector.
The union also criticised the national water policy which permitted privatisation of drinking water supply.
The union would launch a state-wide campaign against the move of the government, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review