Lack of proper management in Sabarimala shrine affairs: Kerala HC
Kochi: Accepting the report of the Food Safety Commissioner, that `Appam` at Sabarimala was unfit for human consumption, the Kerala High Court on Tuesday observed there was lack of proper management in the affairs of the Lord Ayyappa shrine.
The court directed the Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB), which manages the temple affairs, to ensure that the manufacturing of `Appams and Aravannas` (sweet delicacies offered as prasadams) be carried out in most hygienic manner.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice Thottathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice AV Ramakrishna Pillai, accepted the report of the Food Safety Commissioner that discarded Appams unfit for human consumption.
The fungal formation was due to humidity and unhygienic environment where it was prepared and stored, the report said.
It was further pointed out that in the premises of the Appam`s store and packing areas, there were irregularities.
The report listed specific drawbacks during the inspection on November 22. All the drawbacks were brought to the notice of TDB officials, the report stated.
The Food Safety Commissioner has recommended good hygiene and packing, and inspection every four hours.
The bench said the Appams should be manufactured ensuring appropriate quality. Inspection should be done every four hours by the Safety Commission officials.
No change should be made in the Appam mix and it should be made in the traditional manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly