Lack of proper management in Sabarimala shrine affairs: Kerala HC
Kochi: Accepting the report of the Food Safety Commissioner, that `Appam` at Sabarimala was unfit for human consumption, the Kerala High Court on Tuesday observed there was lack of proper management in the affairs of the Lord Ayyappa shrine.
The court directed the Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB), which manages the temple affairs, to ensure that the manufacturing of `Appams and Aravannas` (sweet delicacies offered as prasadams) be carried out in most hygienic manner.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice Thottathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice AV Ramakrishna Pillai, accepted the report of the Food Safety Commissioner that discarded Appams unfit for human consumption.
The fungal formation was due to humidity and unhygienic environment where it was prepared and stored, the report said.
It was further pointed out that in the premises of the Appam`s store and packing areas, there were irregularities.
The report listed specific drawbacks during the inspection on November 22. All the drawbacks were brought to the notice of TDB officials, the report stated.
The Food Safety Commissioner has recommended good hygiene and packing, and inspection every four hours.
The bench said the Appams should be manufactured ensuring appropriate quality. Inspection should be done every four hours by the Safety Commission officials.
No change should be made in the Appam mix and it should be made in the traditional manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day