Lack of proper management in Sabarimala shrine affairs: Kerala HC
Kochi: Accepting the report of the Food Safety Commissioner, that `Appam` at Sabarimala was unfit for human consumption, the Kerala High Court on Tuesday observed there was lack of proper management in the affairs of the Lord Ayyappa shrine.
The court directed the Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB), which manages the temple affairs, to ensure that the manufacturing of `Appams and Aravannas` (sweet delicacies offered as prasadams) be carried out in most hygienic manner.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice Thottathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice AV Ramakrishna Pillai, accepted the report of the Food Safety Commissioner that discarded Appams unfit for human consumption.
The fungal formation was due to humidity and unhygienic environment where it was prepared and stored, the report said.
It was further pointed out that in the premises of the Appam`s store and packing areas, there were irregularities.
The report listed specific drawbacks during the inspection on November 22. All the drawbacks were brought to the notice of TDB officials, the report stated.
The Food Safety Commissioner has recommended good hygiene and packing, and inspection every four hours.
The bench said the Appams should be manufactured ensuring appropriate quality. Inspection should be done every four hours by the Safety Commission officials.
No change should be made in the Appam mix and it should be made in the traditional manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!