Law and order in Kerala in shambles: Chandy
Kozhikode: Leader of Opposition in the Kerala
assembly Oommen Chandy on Wednesday alleged that CPI(M)-led Left
Democratic Front (LDF) government in Kerala had failed to
maintain law and order, which was in "a shambles" in the
"The law and order situation in Kerala was in a shambles
compared to other states. The crime rate has gone up after the
LDF came to power," Chandy alleged at a meet-the-candidate
programme of the Calicut Press Club here.
On the issue of manhandling of a Malayalam TV channel
reporter at Kannur two days back allegedly by a group led by
CPI(M)leader and MLA P Jayarajan, he said the Marxist party
was challenging the law of the land and demanded the CPI(M)
leadership to clarify the party`s position in this regard.
He also recalled that CPI leader and Food Minister C
Divakaran allegedly slapped a voter in Karunagapally
constituency. People holding responsible positions were
involved in such incidents showed such activities have the
patronage of the ruling party, Chandy said.
During the last five years, about 49 police stations have
been attacked by activists of CPI(M), he alleged, adding the
government had not taken any action against those involved in
them since they belonged to the ruling party.
Alleging that Chief minster V S Achuthanandan had not
responded to his letter demanding a probe into handing over
the management of the State Data Centre, which is under the IT
Department, to Reliance, Chandy said Achuthanandan should
order a probe into the matter.
Chandy said the Centre was started during his tenure as
chief minister. It was given to Reliance after terms and
conditions in the tenders were diluted, he alleged.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan