Lawyers withdraw sit-in agitation
Coimbatore: Lawyers in Coimbatore, who were
boycotting the courts and indulging in sit-in in front of the
office of SP for the past fortnight, on Monday withdrew their
agitation demanding the arrest of five police personnel, who
had assaulted one of their colleagues in a police station.
The decision to this effect was taken at a meeting of
Coimbatore Bar Association (CBA) held this evening.
However, the boycott of the proceedings of the court would
continue, CBA sources said.
The meeting also welcomed the decision of Tamil Nadu Bar
Council to file a case in the Madras High Court on the
incident, they said.
A lawyer Anandeeswaran, who had gone to Thudiyalur police
station in connection with the case related to vacating of a
rented house, was reportedly assaulted by five police
personnel, needing in admission in a hospital. After a spot
inquiry, SP, Uma had suspended all the five, including one
woman SI and a woman constable and offered to hold CBCID
inquiry into entire episode.
However, the lawyers were demanding nothing short of arrest
of the police personnel and involved in sit-in in front of
SP`s office from October 10.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you