LDF, BJP hartal hits normal life in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: The dawn-to-dusk hartal called by LDF and BJP to protest hike in diesel prices and curtail LPG subsidy hit normal life across Kerala.
Reports from different districts said the hartal crippled mobility of people as public modes of transport kept off the roads and shops and hotels remained closed. There was no disruption of rail traffic.
However, passengers who came by long-distance trains were caught unawares in many places as they found it difficult to get taxis or auto rickshawas for their onward journeys.
Police said no violence had been reported from anywhere.
Pro-left unions in transport sector has extended support to the protest.
The state Human Rights Commission has warned the hartal supporters that cases would taken against them if they indulged in violence or attempted to forcibly close shops or caused damage to properties.
The hartal call was given separately by the LDF and the BJP.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days