LDF disrupts proceedings in Kerala Assembly
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M)-led-LDF disrupted
proceedings in the Kerala Assembly on Thursday demanding action
against Forest Minister KB Ganesh Kumar and Government Chief
Whip PC George for their abusive speeches against Opposition
Leader VS Achuthanandan and CPI(M) MLA AK Balan at a public
meeting last week.
As the LDF members kept on shouting slogans after their
demand for a debate over the issue was rejected, Speaker
G Karthikeyan adjourned the House for 45 minutes when the zero
hour was halfway through.
Seeking leave for an adjournment over the issue, Kodiyeri
Balakrishnan (CPI-M) demanded that Kumar be dropped from the
ministry for his lewd comments against Achuthanandan and
George be removed from his post for allegedly hurling casteist
comments at Balan.
Responding to the Opposition demand, Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy recalled that he as well as Kumar had already
regretted in the House for the remarks against Achuthanandan.
In the case of George, the Government could not initiate
suo motu action as he had only referred to the Scheduled Caste
status of Balan and not insulted him by mentioning any caste
name, he said.
Chandy said the Scheduled Caste Prevention of Atrocities
Act did not have any provision for taking a police case for
simply mentioning the term Scheduled Caste without referring
to any particular caste name.
However, Achuthanandan said this argument was not at all
Though he sat down after making an unsparing attack on
the Government, the placard-wielding LDF back-benchers started
shouting slogans against Kumar and George, forcing the Speaker
to adjourn the House for 45 minutes.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot
- IOC in talks to buy GSPC's stake in Mundra LNG terminal
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20
- Finance Ministry allots Rs 2,000 cr extra budgetary grant for Chardham
- China builds massive seaplane: State media