LDF expresses concern over the attempt on Pinarayi
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led LDF Opposition in Kerala today expressed concern over the suspected attempt on the life of CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan.
The UDF government has not taken seriously the case related to the arrest of a 75 year-old man with an airgun and sword near Vijayan`s residence in Kannur district last week, Front Convener Vaikom Viswam told a press conference after a liaison committee meeting of LDF here.
The LDF asked the government to conduct a detailed probe into the incident, which clearly established the collapse of law and order situation in the state, he said.
The man, identified as one Kunhikrishnan Nambiar from Valayam in Kozhikode district, was arrested after local people informed police that he was moving near Vijayan`s house in a suspicious manner on April 4.
He has been remanded to judicial custody.
The case is being investigated by Crime Branch.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II