LDF has no ties with terror outfits: Kerala Minister
Kozhikode: With Congress and BJP attacking
CPI-M over its alliance during Lok Sabha polls with PDP, which
is accused of links with suspected terror mastermind T Nazir,
a state minister today said the ruling front will not forge
ties with `communal and extremist parties` in the future.
"The LDF has no links with PDP now and it will not
forge ties with any `extremist outfits` in future. The stand
was made clear by CPI-M politburo member M K Pandhe
yesterday," Forest Minister Binoy Viswam told reporters here.
The CPI-M was slammed by opposition for "forging
tie-up" with Abdul Nassar Madani`s PDP in the Lok Sabha polls.
The LDF had admitted to `committing a mistake` by
forging ties with the PDP, which was accused of establishing
links with terror mastermind T Nazir in the past, the
minister, a CPI leader said.
Soofiya Madhani, wife of the PDP chief, was named as an
accused in the case relating to torching of a Tamil Nadu
Transport Corporation bus at Kalamassery near Kochi in 2005,
protesting against detention of the PDP leader in connection
with the Coimbatore bomb blast case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000