LDF has no ties with terror outfits: Kerala Minister
Kozhikode: With Congress and BJP attacking
CPI-M over its alliance during Lok Sabha polls with PDP, which
is accused of links with suspected terror mastermind T Nazir,
a state minister today said the ruling front will not forge
ties with `communal and extremist parties` in the future.
"The LDF has no links with PDP now and it will not
forge ties with any `extremist outfits` in future. The stand
was made clear by CPI-M politburo member M K Pandhe
yesterday," Forest Minister Binoy Viswam told reporters here.
The CPI-M was slammed by opposition for "forging
tie-up" with Abdul Nassar Madani`s PDP in the Lok Sabha polls.
The LDF had admitted to `committing a mistake` by
forging ties with the PDP, which was accused of establishing
links with terror mastermind T Nazir in the past, the
minister, a CPI leader said.
Soofiya Madhani, wife of the PDP chief, was named as an
accused in the case relating to torching of a Tamil Nadu
Transport Corporation bus at Kalamassery near Kochi in 2005,
protesting against detention of the PDP leader in connection
with the Coimbatore bomb blast case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win