LDF has nothing to present before voters: IUML leader
Thiruvanthapuram: Stating that the ruling LDF
has nothing to present before the voters, Indian Union Muslim
League leader PK Kunhalikutty on Sunday said the UDF would sweep
the assembly polls in Kerala.
"But for stories of wasted opportunities, the LDF has nothing
to present before the electorate. People know that and they
will vote the UDF to power with an overwhelming majority", the
League leader told in a meet-the-press programme.
Asked about resurfacing of personal allegations against him
connected with the "ice cream parlour" sex scam case, he said
there had never been any moment in my life when he had not
face one charge or the other.
"Even after the Court cleared my name, some quarters had
kept on hurling charges."
He, however, declined to reply to queries on the propriety
of the television channel headed by his party colleague
MK Muneer breaking the stories of personal allegations
against him. " I don`t want to divert attention from other
pressing issues by answering again and again to your questions
on this topic," he said.
Kunhalikutty, a former industries minister, said if the
policies initiated by the UDF ministries in the past had been
pursued by subsequent governments Kerala would have achieved
The twin objectives of sound economic progress and a strong
social security net would continue to be the basic themes of
the UDF in the coming days.
He expressed confidence that the seat-sharing problems in
the UDF would be resolved. The approach of IUML had been that
there was no problem which could not be solved if all the
partners maintained mutual friendship and respect.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP