LDF stages walkout from Kerala Assembly
Thiruvananthapuram: The CPI(M)-led LDF
Opposition in Kerala on Wednesday staged a walkout from the Assembly
in protest against the Speaker`s refusal to permit a
discussion on the alleged misuse of government machinery by
the ruling UDF.
The Opposition had accused UDF of misusing the government
machinery to take over the administration of the State
Agriculture Co-operative Bank (SACB).
Seeking leave for an adjournment motion on the matter,
senior CPI(M)leader E P Jayarajan claimed the government
through an ordinance had cancelled the affiliation of 17
primary Agriculture co-operative Banks just to take over the
administration of SACB.
Co-operative sector is in a crisis as disbursement of
loans to farmers has been hit due to the development, he said.
Rejecting the Opposition charges, Chief Minister Oommen
Chandy said his government`s decision was in adherence to the
guidelines of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural
State Co-operation Minister C N Balakrishnan said the
ordinance was legal and the Kerala High court had also
ratified the decision by dismissing a petition filed against
Speaker G Karthikeyan refused leave for the motion
following the ministers` response.
Before staging the walkout, Opposition leader V S
Achuthanandan charged the government with adopting
undemocratic methods to capture co-operative banks that were
now in the hands of LDF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark