LDF stages walkout over H1N1 fever issue
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M)-led LDF Opposition in Kerala on Monday staged a walkout from the Assembly in protest against Speaker G Karthikeyan`s refusal to entertain their adjournment motion on the spread of various types of fever, including H1N1, in the state.
Replying to the notice for the motion, Health Minister Adoor Prakash said one person had died of H1N1 out of 78 cases reported so far this year.
Claiming that the UDF government had checked the spread of the fever, Prakash said 85 out of 1408 H1N1 affected persons had died last year during this period when LDF was in power.
Stating there was no cause for alarm, Prakash said all government hospitals in the state had adequate stocks of drugs to treat H1N1 and other types of fever.
District Medical Officers had been authorised to conduct interviews to appoint doctors on a temporary basis in places where there was shortage, he added.
Before the walkout, Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan said the government was not serious in dealing with the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!