LDF stages walkout over H1N1 fever issue
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M)-led LDF Opposition in Kerala on Monday staged a walkout from the Assembly in protest against Speaker G Karthikeyan`s refusal to entertain their adjournment motion on the spread of various types of fever, including H1N1, in the state.
Replying to the notice for the motion, Health Minister Adoor Prakash said one person had died of H1N1 out of 78 cases reported so far this year.
Claiming that the UDF government had checked the spread of the fever, Prakash said 85 out of 1408 H1N1 affected persons had died last year during this period when LDF was in power.
Stating there was no cause for alarm, Prakash said all government hospitals in the state had adequate stocks of drugs to treat H1N1 and other types of fever.
District Medical Officers had been authorised to conduct interviews to appoint doctors on a temporary basis in places where there was shortage, he added.
Before the walkout, Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan said the government was not serious in dealing with the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth