LDF stages walkout over H1N1 fever issue
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M)-led LDF Opposition in Kerala on Monday staged a walkout from the Assembly in protest against Speaker G Karthikeyan`s refusal to entertain their adjournment motion on the spread of various types of fever, including H1N1, in the state.
Replying to the notice for the motion, Health Minister Adoor Prakash said one person had died of H1N1 out of 78 cases reported so far this year.
Claiming that the UDF government had checked the spread of the fever, Prakash said 85 out of 1408 H1N1 affected persons had died last year during this period when LDF was in power.
Stating there was no cause for alarm, Prakash said all government hospitals in the state had adequate stocks of drugs to treat H1N1 and other types of fever.
District Medical Officers had been authorised to conduct interviews to appoint doctors on a temporary basis in places where there was shortage, he added.
Before the walkout, Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan said the government was not serious in dealing with the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi