LDF stages walkout over removal of University VC
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M)-led LDF Opposition
in Kerala on Monday staged a walkout in the Assembly alleging that
the government violated rules and procedures while removing
senior IAS officer B Ashok from the post of Vice-Chancellor of
the Kerala Veterinary and Agriculture Science University.
Replying to a notice for an adjournment motion on the
issue, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy refuted the opposition
charge and said Ashok`s service as Vice-Chancellor was
withdrawn on administrative grounds adhering to rules and
Chandy also said government decision has nothing to do
with Ashok`s writing an article in which he had criticised the
Chief Secretary of the state.
Seeking leave for the motion, CPI leader C Divakaran
alleged that Ashok, who was appointed as the University`s
first Vice Chancellor in January last, was removed
unceremoniously for writing an article criticising certain IAS
officers close to the government.
Divakaran also said Ashok had said in his article that he
had not received any salary since he joined as
Before staging the walkout, Opposition leader V S
Achuthanandan said that the UDF government was flouting
academic rules and procedures and there was no justification
in removing Ashok from the post of Vice-Chancellor.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees