LDF strike over fuel price hike hits normal life in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A dawn-to-dusk strike called by the CPI(M)-led ruling LDF to protest the steep hike in petroleum prices hit normal life in Kerala on Saturday.
Public transport and commercial vehicles were off the roads, reports from across the state said.
There were no reports of any untoward incident from anywhere, police said, adding essential services have been exempted from the strike.
Rail traffic, however, not affected by the strike call given by the ruling coalition.
Universities have postponed the examinations scheduled for the day.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'