LDF strike over fuel price hike hits normal life in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A dawn-to-dusk strike called by the CPI(M)-led ruling LDF to protest the steep hike in petroleum prices hit normal life in Kerala on Saturday.
Public transport and commercial vehicles were off the roads, reports from across the state said.
There were no reports of any untoward incident from anywhere, police said, adding essential services have been exempted from the strike.
Rail traffic, however, not affected by the strike call given by the ruling coalition.
Universities have postponed the examinations scheduled for the day.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble