LDF strike over fuel price hike hits normal life in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A dawn-to-dusk strike called by the CPI(M)-led ruling LDF to protest the steep hike in petroleum prices hit normal life in Kerala on Saturday.
Public transport and commercial vehicles were off the roads, reports from across the state said.
There were no reports of any untoward incident from anywhere, police said, adding essential services have been exempted from the strike.
Rail traffic, however, not affected by the strike call given by the ruling coalition.
Universities have postponed the examinations scheduled for the day.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’