LDF strike over fuel price hike hits normal life in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A dawn-to-dusk strike called by the CPI(M)-led ruling LDF to protest the steep hike in petroleum prices hit normal life in Kerala on Saturday.
Public transport and commercial vehicles were off the roads, reports from across the state said.
There were no reports of any untoward incident from anywhere, police said, adding essential services have been exempted from the strike.
Rail traffic, however, not affected by the strike call given by the ruling coalition.
Universities have postponed the examinations scheduled for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu