LDF to launch stir against fadulent land deals: Achuthanandan
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M veteran and opposition leader in the Kerala Assembly VS Achuthanandan on Saturday said LDF would launch a mass agitation and take legal steps to expose the `influencial power behind` fradulent land deal worth Rs 250 crore carried out by Salim Raj, former gunman of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
Talking to reporters after visiting those who had complained that their land had been grabbed through fraudlent menas, Achuthanandan said a probe should be made to find out the source of Rs 250 crore for Raj, who was only a police constable.
Along with a mass agitation, legal steps also would be taken to unearth the power behind Raj, Achuthanandan said to the people whose land were grabbed at Kadamkampally near here.
Achuthanandan`s visit assumes significant as Kerala High Court had yesterday expressed displeasure in the delay in completing vigilance probe into the land grab cases against Raj and filing charge sheet.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened